Monday 11 March 2013

LOURDES 1913

Courtesy of Marie Crowley, with much appreciation

DIOCESE OF KILLALOE

Miss Nellie Blake.  The Square, Kilrush, Co. Clare.
Very Rev. P Canon Burke.  Clarecastle, Co. Clare.
Miss Rose Clancy. Kilrush, Co. Clare.
Miss Bedilia Clune.  Ruan, Co. Clare.
Miss Mary Dowdal.  Feakle, Co. Clare.
Miss Margaret M. Dynan.  O'Callaghan's Mills, Co. Clare.
Miss Susan Flynn.  Tubber, Co. Clare.
Denis Galvin. Ennis, Co. Clare.
Miss Louisa V. Hassett. Quin, Co. Clare.
Miss Mary J. Hassett. Knock, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Miss Norah J. Heaphy.  Ballynascally, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Miss Esther M. Hehir. Darragh, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Miss Helena Hehir.  Cursheen, Co. Clare.
Miss Annie Henessy.  Lissycasey, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Hugh Henessy. Lissycasey, Ennis, Co, Clare.
Miss Mary Higgins. O'Callaghan's Mill, Co. Clare.
Mary A. Lally.  Ennis, Co. Clare.
Miss Teresa Lally.  Ennis, Co. Clare.
Rev A. Lalor. C.C.  Scariff, Co. Clare.
Miss Grace Moloney.  Maurice's Mills, Ennis. Co. Clare.
P.B. Maloney.  Ennis, Co. Clare.
Miss Josie McDonagh. Quin, Co, Clare.
Dr. P.H. McDonagh.  Quin, Co. Clare.
Morgan McInerney.  Lissycasey, Co. Clare.
Rev Michael McKenna C.C. Killimer, Co. Clare.
Miss Dillie McKeogh.  Clare Sanatorium, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Rev A.J. McNamara C.C.  Ballycally, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Miss Mary O'Brien. Monmore, Kilrush, Co. Clare.
Rev John O'Gorman C.C.  Mullagh, Co. Clare.
Miss Margaret O'Grady.  Oatfield, Co. Clare.
Thomas O'Halloran.  O'Callaghan's Mils, Co. Clare.
Rev Joseph O'Houlihan C.C.  Carrigaholt, Co. Clare.
Miss Bertha O'Meara. Kilrush, Co. Clare.
Miss Margaret A. O'Sullivan. Inagh, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Michael Quinn.  Darragh, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Lieutenant John Scanlon.  Killaloe, Co. Clare.
Rev William Scanlon C.C.  Kilmihill, Co. Clare.

DIOCESE OF GALWAY

Mr Thomas Beehan. Kilfenora, Co. Clare.
Miss Margaret Crowe.  Kifenora, Co. Clare.
T.H. Daly.  Daly's Hotel.  Ennistymon, Co. Clare.
Miss Margaret Heapey.  Lally's Lodge, Lahinch, Co. Clare.







7 comments:

  1. Am I correct in thinking this a list of people from the diocese of Killaloe who went on a pilgrimage to Lourdes in 1913? I see a couple of Hehirs mentioned there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I did check and yes, this was the list of pilgrims as we thought. I had to make certain.

      Delete
  2. I think so, Aillin... I must check with Marie, which is what I meant to do before posting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have lists for the 1934 pilgrimage to lourdes? it was a huge pilgrimage from uk and ireland,sailing on the laurentic. lots of ennis people went including my family and a large contingent of franciscans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Len, this is the only list I have. I would love to add to it if you can offer any more.

      Delete
  4. I have a couple of pics is all Crissouli. My Granny Elizabeth Costello of Abbey St and her son my dad Robbie Costello. Not sure if pics can go on here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Len, I can add the pics, but I would like to see if I can find the 1934 list first... can you contact me off this post please? You can contact me by the email address in ABOUT ME on the top left hand side or via Facebook, the Co Clare group. Thank you for your interest.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. All comments are moderated before publication.